Static, Fatigue, And Facture Testing Services
WCIs Materials Testing Laboratory has provided static, fatigue, and facture testing services for over 12 years, combining state-of-the-art test equipment, and a dedicated, highly trained professional staff. The unique combination of diverse testing experience and knowledge of materials sciences maintains the facility at the leading edge of fatigue life enhancement research.
In partnership with the client, our staff draws upon years of extensive testing experience to carefully plan, implement, and monitor all phases of the testing. Whether a test program includes spectrum testing of a military airframe, or qualification testing of a new material for kidney dialysis machines, the test facility staff can successfully complete the test program in an accurate, unbiased, and cost-effective manner.
Our staff provides project management, testing, and analysis services to a wide variety of organizations, including the U.S. Air Force, Canadian Air Force, Bristol Aerospace, British Aerospace (Airbus), Boeing (Legacy, Douglas, and McDonnell-Douglas), and Northrop Grumman, to name only a few.
With our capabilities with CAD/CAM, finite element analysis, specialized materials testing software, we are able to offer a wide range of testing services to our customers
Testing Services (50,000 lb. capacity)
- ASTM E8, E9, E21, E238
- Tension, compression, bearing, and component
- ASTM E466, E606)
- Constant amplitude or spectrum
- Axial, flexural, low-cycle, component, and crack growth
Fracture Mechanics Tests
- ASTM E338, E740, E399, E813, E561
- Sharp and surface notch tension
- Fracture toughness (K1C), J-integral (J1C), and R-curve
Stress and Strain Analysis
- Strain gages and transducers
- Photoelastic coating application
- Specimen conditioning and testing environments.
- Specimen design and manufacturing
- Coldworking technology
- Material selection
- Non-destructive inspection (NDI)
- FAA Designated Engineer Representative (DER)